This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
This Mango Lassi is an Indian yogurt smoothie that’s so creamy and filled with taste. It’s spiced with cardamom to present it a bit kick, and it’ll have you ever coming again for seconds. It is going to be an immediate hit each time you serve it!
I’m in love with smoothies. I particularly like to make them within the morning when my abdomen isn’t prepared for a hearty breakfast. They’re filled with vitamins and provides me power for my day. I completely love this Peach Smoothie, this inexperienced Detox Smoothie, and this yummy and distinctive Avocolada Smoothie.
Mango Lassi Recipe
A mango lassi is a yogurt-based drink much like a smoothie. It’s initially from India and you might have seen it on an Indian restaurant’s menu. In case you have by no means tried one earlier than, you’re in for a deal with! It’s much like a mango smoothie, however you add yogurt and spices to it. It’s a wealthy and creamy drink that you can be completely hooked on!
One of the best factor about Indian meals in my view is the spices! They completely take advantage of flavorful dishes with so many yummy and flavorful spices that I crave nearly weekly. I at all times order rooster tikka masala after we eat out, or the butter rooster… or each! And to go along with it, I ALWAYS get a mango lassi. They’re the right praise to any Indian dish or any meal for that matter!
A mango lassi has only a few easy elements which might be much like a smoothie. You even have lots of wiggle room to make this recipe precisely the way in which you need it. In the event you don’t have sure issues available you’ll be able to improvise! I’ve made lots of totally different variations of a lassi with totally different elements and it’s at all times scrumptious. You’ll find the measurements beneath within the recipe card.
- Plain Yogurt: Yogurt is a part of what makes this a lassi. I used plain entire milk yogurt, however you need to use nearly any yogurt that you just suppose would go nice with mangos. You can additionally use a low-fat yogurt to chop down on energy.
- Milk: I like so as to add milk as a result of it actually helps every little thing cream collectively. You can use milk options if you’re making an attempt to keep away from dairy
- Frozen Mangos: You’ll use frozen mangoes, that approach you don’t have to make use of any ice cubes and water it down! It makes an excellent flavorful and creamy texture. You can additionally use canned mango pulp as an alternative, it’s best to have the ability to discover some within the freezer part.
- Honey: I wish to sweeten this lassi with honey. It has the right taste and helps to make a creamy smoothie. I’ve used agave as an alternative as a sweetener and it was actually scrumptious.
- Floor Cardamom: You won’t consider cardamom while you consider a smoothie, however belief me on this one. It’s so scrumptious! It has a bit bit of heat that feels and tastes superb.
How To Make a Conventional Mango Lassi
A mango lassi is simply as simple to make as a smoothie or a milkshake! In reality, I’ve even used ice cream as an alternative of yogurt (and overlooked sweeteners) and made a mango milkshake lassi, and it was unimaginable. The added spice is absolutely what units this lassi aside!
- Add Components: Add the yogurt, milk, frozen mangoes, honey, and cardamom right into a high-powered blender.
- Mix: Mix at excessive pace for about 1 minute till you get a clean silky texture.
- Alter: If the mango lassi is simply too thick, add extra liquid and mix till you attain the specified thickness. Or if you happen to desire it thicker, add ice!
- Get pleasure from: Style and add extra sweetener if it’s too tangy on your liking. Pour into serving glasses and revel in!
Suggestions for Making Mango Lassi
A mango lassi is tremendous easy to make and a favourite at my home! It’s really easy to whip up too. You’ll fall in love with all the superb lassi flavors you’ll be able to create! Listed below are just a few tricks to take your mango lassi to the subsequent stage.
- Utilizing Recent Mangos: If you wish to use recent mangoes, you’ll be able to completely do this! Be sure that to purchase recent and candy mangoes for one of the best taste lassi. You’ll peel the mango pores and skin off and reduce the mango flesh off the stone. You will have so as to add ice with the intention to get a pleasant thick consistency, identical to a smoothie. Begin with 1 C of ice and see how thick it’s, and add extra ice whether it is too runny.
- Sorts of Yogurt: I used plain yogurt, however you would use greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is thicker and there’s a actually nice honey greek yogurt that may go completely. You can additionally use sweetened yogurts or vanilla yogurt if you happen to like your lassi on the candy aspect. I’ve tried it with coconut yogurt, and it was superb!
- Including Flavors and Garnishes: One of the vital frequent additions to a lassi is saffron (Kesar). It goes completely with mango and cardamom, so be happy so as to add it in! One other frequent one is almonds, you would add about 1 tsp crushed almonds for garnish. Pistachios are additionally an incredible garnish. You can additionally add some other fruit that you just suppose can be yummy!
- Making A Vegan Mango Lassi: This recipe is a superb vegan recipe if you happen to swap out the milk! You can use a plant-based milk like almond milk or coconut milk.
Mango lassi is greatest loved recent. It tends to soften and style much less recent the longer it’s left within the fridge. It received’t go unhealthy straight away, however it positively tastes greatest proper after you make it!
- Within the Fridge: You possibly can retailer your mango lassi for as much as two days within the fridge. It received’t go unhealthy that rapidly, however the recent fruit will begin to flip colours and never style nearly as good.
Add the yogurt, milk, frozen mangoes, honey, and cardamom right into a high-powered blender.
Mix at excessive pace for about 1 minute till you get a clean silky texture.
If the mango lassi is simply too thick, add extra liquid and mix till you attain the specified thickness. Or if you happen to desire it thicker, add ice!
Style and add extra sweetener if it is too tangy on your liking. Get pleasure from!
Energy257kcal (13%)Carbohydrates49g (16%)Protein7g (14%)Fats6g (9%)Saturated Fats3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.3gMonounsaturated Fats2gLdl cholesterol20mg (7%)Sodium70mg (3%)Potassium527mg (15%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar47g (52%)Vitamin A1956IU (39%)Vitamin C61mg (74%)Calcium206mg (21%)Iron0.5mg (3%)
All dietary data relies on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.