Grilled Hen Chickpea Salad is a contemporary and easy high-protein lunch that may be eaten chilly on the go at work, the seaside, or anyplace else you’re headed this summer time.
Grilled Hen Chickpea Salad
This Grilled Hen Chickpea Salad is topped with feta cheese, a simple and cheap lunch . Chickpeas are one in every of my favourite pantry staples – I all the time have a can on hand. Every serving of this salad has 30 grams of protein, which you’ll improve by including extra grilled rooster or leftover rooster breast from a roasted rooster. It’s additionally excessive in fiber. Less difficult, budget-friendly high-protein lunch recipes are this Chickpea Tuna Salad, Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl, and Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl.
Chickpeas are one in every of my favourite legumes so I all the time maintain my pantry stocked with cans. It’s an ideal pantry staple, that’s cheap and loaded with fiber! Should you’re on a excessive protein eating regimen, you possibly can try all my excessive protein recipes right here.
Grilled Hen Chickpea Salad Components
Listed here are the substances on this Greek-inspired chickpea salad.
- Protein: Grilled rooster, chickpeas, feta
- Greens: Mini cucumbers, grape or cherry tomatoes, crimson onion
- Dressing: Further virgin olive oil, lemon juice
- Seasoning: Salt, dried oregano
How one can Meal Prep
This rooster chickpea salad recipe makes sufficient for 2 servings, however be at liberty to double or triple the recipe to feed extra folks. You’ll be able to meal prep this salad the evening earlier than you intend on consuming it.
- Mix the rooster, chickpeas, and greens with half of the lemon juice and olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Divide into two food-storage containers, and prime with feta, oregano, and the remaining lemon and oil.
- Chickpeas: You’ll be able to swap the chickpeas for canned white beans.
- Cucumber: I used mini cucumbers, which have a skinny pores and skin and don’t require peeling. An English or Persian cucumber would additionally work in case you can’t discover the mini ones. Should you purchase a daily cucumber, peel the pores and skin off because it’s thicker and extra bitter.
- Onion: Swap crimson onion for shallot.
- Tomatoes: Sub sundried tomatoes for contemporary.
- Greens: Add avocado or bell pepper for extra veggies.
- Lettuce: Serve this rooster chickpea salad over combined greens or chopped romaine.
- Cheese: Should you don’t like feta, skip it.
- Herbs: Substitute dried basil or thyme for oregano or use contemporary herbs.
Extra Chickpea Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Hen Feta Chickpea Salad
- 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz grilled rooster, or leftover breast from a rotisserie, diced
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- 2 mini cucumbers, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup crimson onion
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 oz feta, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix chickpeas, rooster, cucumbers, tomato and crimson onion with 1/2 the lemon, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and salt and toss.
Divide on 2 plates and prime with feta, dried oregano and remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
Serving: 13/4 cups, Energy: 462kcal, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 34g, Fats: 19.5g, Saturated Fats: 6g, Ldl cholesterol: 73.5mg, Sodium: 1103mg, Fiber: 11.5g, Sugar: 16g
Key phrases: chilly lunch concepts, grilled rooster and chickpeas, excessive protein lunch concepts, non sandwich lunch concepts, salad concepts