This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Coquito is a seasonal Puerto Rican drink that has coconut milk and cream with heat spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Welcome within the vacation season with this distinctive and festive drink. It can grow to be a brand new vacation custom!
I like making do-it-yourself drinks throughout the vacation season! All yr I look ahead to colder climate so I could make my favourite White Sizzling Chocolate. My household particularly loves once I put some Wassail on the range all day, the home smells like Christmas! In case you are new to vacation drinks, you’ve received to do this simple Christmas Cranberry Orange Punch, you’ll be so glad you probably did.
It’s my new favourite vacation custom! It’s a drink historically served across the holidays in Puerto Rico. It’s a coconut based mostly drink that’s so creamy and scrumptious, and made festive by including heat spices like cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon. It’s candy and vibrant and heat all on the similar time! I completely cherished serving it to my company, they usually all requested me for the recipe! I served coquito with pumpkin pie and it was a mix I will likely be making many times!
Usually if you consider the vacations, you don’t consider coconut (aside from coconut cream pie at our home!). However this drink is spiced completely to remind you of all the things you like about Thanksgiving and Christmas! Coquito shouldn’t be the identical as eggnog, although some folks will name it the Puerto Rican eggnog. Coquito has a coconut base whereas eggnog has a, you guessed it, egg base. It’s a novel and delicious drink that may grow to be a staple in your vacation recipes!
I added rum extract to make this recipe kid-friendly, however most recipes name for rum. Coquito is so easy to make and stuffed with scrumptious substances that aren’t exhausting to search out. These substances final a very long time within the pantry too, so that you’ll be capable to whip it up with out having to run to the shop. Yow will discover precise measurements within the recipe card beneath.
- Canned Coconut Milk: You must be capable to discover this within the canned part at your grocery retailer. It’s an ideal pantry staple and offers the drink it’s scrumptious and creamy taste.
- Cream of Coconut (Coco Lopez): You must be capable to discover this at your native grocery retailer, or on Amazon. It ramps up the coconut taste and makes an enormous distinction.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: So candy and creamy! This ingredient is thicker and is the sweetener for the entire drink.
- Evaporated Milk: Additionally provides creaminess and taste. You may be capable to attempt different milks right here, however I’ve by no means tried and evaporated milk is often what’s in coquito.
- Vanilla Extract: Just a little vanilla takes these flavors to the subsequent degree.
- Floor Cinnamon: Completely heat and goes nice with rum if you’re including that.
- Floor Nutmeg: It’s a vacation spice that you’ll miss for those who don’t add it!
- Floor Cloves: Cloves are literally slightly candy, and go nice with coconut.
- Rum Extract: That is non-compulsory. You might depart it out or you can add actual rum as a substitute. It’s as much as you and the way you need to serve it!
Methods to Make Coquito
I like a superb dump and do recipe! Particularly across the holidays. You have already got sufficient to consider. With this drink, you simply pull the substances out of the pantry, dump them within the blender and you’ve got a tremendous dessert drink that everybody will love!
- Mix: Mix the coconut milk, cream of coconut, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves within the blender and mix till easy.
- Chill: Switch the combination right into a pitcher or container and refrigerate for as much as 4 hours so the flavors can meld collectively and chill.
- Shake: Shake or stir earlier than serving.
- Garnish: Pour into glasses and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, cinnamon stick, or sweetened coconut flakes.
Suggestions for Making Coquito
Everybody has their very own type with regards to coquito. And there are such a lot of nice methods to make it, don’t be afraid to get inventive and make it your personal. Listed below are just a few ideas that can assist you get probably the most out of this recipe.
- Including Rum: Coquito often has rum in it, so if you’re including rum to this recipe you’ll be able to take out one can of coconut milk and add a cup of rum. Often, it might be a Puerto Rican white rum, however you should utilize your favourite! And go gentle on the rum at first, you’ll be able to at all times add extra if it wants it!
- Serve Chilled: This drink actually is greatest chilly. I like to recommend placing it within the fridge for at the least 4 hours earlier than serving it.
- Shake Earlier than Ingesting: As a result of this drink is de facto creamy, you’ll need to shake or stir properly earlier than consuming it.
Coquito makes nice leftovers as a result of you’ll be able to retailer it for a very long time within the fridge! It’s additionally nice to offer to others as a present in a cute bottle like this one. Everybody loves a do-it-yourself reward and this one brings the vacation cheer with it.
- Within the Fridge: Retailer coquitos in an hermetic container for as much as 4 months in your fridge. I’ve heard that it might probably last as long as 6 months within the fridge, particularly if you add rum.
Mix the coconut milk, cream of coconut, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves within the blender and mix till easy.
Switch the combination right into a pitcher or container and refrigerate for as much as 4 hours so the flavors can meld collectively and chill.
Shake or stir earlier than serving.
Pour into glasses and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, cinnamon stick, or sweetened coconut flakes.
Energy340kcal (17%)Carbohydrates37g (12%)Protein5g (10%)Fats20g (31%)Saturated Fats17g (85%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.3gMonounsaturated Fats2gLdl cholesterol15mg (5%)Sodium75mg (3%)Potassium289mg (8%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar35g (39%)Vitamin A118IU (2%)Vitamin C2mg (2%)Calcium136mg (14%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third occasion calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.