This week my son turns 1-year-old this week—time is loopy.
Do all dad and mom really feel like this primary birthday is perhaps extra about them than the child? Lol. All I imply is, in fact we’re celebrating Oscar and all the expansion he’s completed this 12 months. But in addition, it’s my “one 12 months of changing into a dad or mum” anniversary and I positive have realized quite a bit.
Parenthood isn’t for everybody but it surely fits me and I can actually say, whereas this 12 months has been extremely full and arduous in different methods, being Oscar’s mother is the best reward and this has been the most effective 12 months of my life. So, we’re celebrating this week for lots of causes.
Listed here are 10 issues I’ve been loving recently:
1. We not too long ago bought a Large Blanket and it’s superior! Nice for sofa hangs, picnics, and we even have ours on our king dimension mattress proper now. You’ll be able to see it within the background within the picture above.
2. Elsie advised me about this non-alcoholic cabernet, so I gave it a attempt, and it’s actually good. In case you’re on the lookout for that form of factor, I extremely suggest.
I additionally purchased a non-alcoholic beer sampler pack. We haven’t tried all these but, however I’m excited. I nonetheless drink alcohol—I similar to having choices and taking breaks typically.
4. Oscar’s birthday current is a child electrical toothbrush. His dad has an electrical toothbrush and Oscar is fairly obsessed, so hoping he thinks this one is enjoyable. Lol.
5. I’m presently studying this ebook and loving it. It’s a pleasant little homicide thriller. I’ve heard the second is even higher.
6. I couldn’t be extra EXCITED for the Bob’s Burgers film. I’m an enormous BB fan.
7. Talking of flicks, should you haven’t already seen Every little thing In all places All at As soon as you NEED to. It’s so charming and totally different from the rest I’ve seen in a number of years. Actually cool.
8. Already engaged on my foot tan traces with this weblog undertaking from a number of weeks in the past. The leather-based paint is holding up properly.
9. I’ve been carving out a number of hours right here and there to work on the novel I’m writing.
It looks like I’m by no means actually going to complete, however each time I save one other chapter, I attempt to remind myself in the future will probably be finished. I would maintain a hardcover copy of it in my arms in the future. Dare to dream. Manifest.
Thanks for letting me share. In case you’re on the lookout for a solution to assist the households of the Uvalde victims, I extremely suggest signing up for the @cookingwithfiona pasta class right here. All proceeds can be donated. xo, Emma
P.S. Right here’s a hyperlink to final week’s 10 Issues Sunday in case you missed it!